Topic: Unleash the Power of Your iPad – Two-Part Series
Webinar Presented by: Donna Gilliland, award-winning technology instructor, certified technology trainer, president of MOSTraining & Julie Perrine, CAP-OM, CEO of All Things Admin
Do you own an iPad or are you considering getting one soon? Do you know how to harness the power of this little tablet? You can do a lot more with your iPad than just play games or check social media. It’s actually a wonderful resource for your admin career that can improve your efficiency and save time.
Do you travel a lot or need to work from home on a regular basis? Are you tired of lugging your laptop, or worse yet, being tethered to your PC?
If this sounds like you, there is one resource that can help you work from anywhere: an iPad.
An iPad can do a lot more than play movies or keep your kids occupied. It can act as a virtual office and enable you to work efficiently and effectively regardless of your location – you just have to learn to harness its power!
Part 1: Operation Basics and App Organization
This informative AdminTech Crash Course will explain the basics of operating your iPad, how to organize your apps, and must-have starter apps for admins. During this session, you’ll also learn how to:
- Adjust your iPad settings, including the orientation lock and mute features.
- Use passcodes and the emergency erase all data feature.
- Install and keep apps updated.
- Create folders to keep your apps organized.
- Switch between open apps.
- Create an app button for frequently visited websites.
- Use convenience features to speed up your productivity, including taking screenshots, quick app location, and viewing your notifications.
- Use fun keyboard shortcuts.
Part 2: Maximize Your Mobile Office Productivity
Get your mobile office up and running and learn how to maximize your iPad’s productivity potential! During this session, you’ll learn:
- How to use your iPad for word processing, document editing and presentations.
- Which Microsoft Office or Google Docs apps you need.
- Recommended apps for travel planning, virtual meetings, and social media.
- How to support executives who use iPads and help them be more productive on the go.