Do you have an administrative procedures binder
or admin procedures manual for your position?
Maybe you know you need one, but you don’t know how to get started?
All Things Admin is here to help!
Every success-minded administrative professional in any administrative support position should have
the Administrative Procedures Toolkit!
An administrative procedures binder is also commonly referred to as an:
- Administrative training manual
- Administrative desk reference binder
- Administrative desk template
- Administrative job responsibilities manual
It consists of a combination of reference lists, checklists, job duties, processes, procedures, and other relevant information on how to do your job. This reference tool keeps things handy and centrally located for you each day, but it’s also a tool for others to use when you are absent.
The best format typically includes a three-ring binder divided into sections with the supporting data. It’s also a fantastic annual review and documentation tool.
“Why would I want to create this?”
Great question! Here are seven reasons to consider creating an administrative procedures binder.
- To make it easy for others to successfully fill in and cover for you when you’re out of the office!
- Have you ever had pre-vacation stress trying to get ready to leave the office?
- Have you ever needed to use some sick leave or take a personal day?
- Have you ever asked for a day or two for professional development and training opportunities?
- Creating a solid administrative procedures manual will help your colleagues cover for you successfully and make you look like an office super star for being prepared and organized so office operations don’t come to a screeching halt while you’re away.
- To serve as an all-inclusive reference tool for you each and every day.
- Admins have a lot of information, details, forms, checklists, and data that is required to do their jobs well. When you have a great desk reference created that you keep within arm’s reach, it’s just as helpful to you as it is to others who may be covering for you when you’re out!
- To demonstrate the value you add to the team and all of the responsibilities you handle, which provides additional support during a performance review.
- Many executives know their assistants handle everything for them and do a lot for the rest of the team, too. But many of them would be hard pressed to fill a page with specific tasks and activities. When it’s time for your annual performance review, your administrative procedures binder can serve as a great tool to demonstrate the value you add to the team every day, week, and month of the year. Use it to educate your boss and positively impact your performance review!
- To establish your administrative training guide for the person taking your place if you pursue a promotion or another job.
- You never know when your next career opportunity may present itself. How fast could you transition your current duties to someone else? You may not have the time to train the person who takes your place, so having an administrative procedures binder established and in use makes the transition significantly less stressful. Plus, everyone will think you are a rock star. (Because you are!)
- To demonstrate a genuine attitude of service toward your executive and team.
- Don’t wait for your boss to ask you to do this — get started now! This shows a true attitude of service toward your executives and teams. You’ll show them that you have prepared for the anticipated and unanticipated times when you’ll be out of the office. Administrative leaders like you are proactive and prepared for any needs that may arise.
- To highlight your professionalism because you are proactively investing the time and energy into creating this invaluable office reference tool.
- To showcase your documentation and organizational skills.
- The administrative procedures binder can be utilized in your professional portfolio as examples of your work, samples of your writing, and more.
The All Things Admin Administrative Procedures Toolkit template takes you step-by-step through the process of creating a tool for you, your colleagues who cover for you, and ultimately your entire team.
You’ll breathe easier during absences and enhance productivity and customer service for your company every day!
Or, worse yet, they or a loved one gets sick unexpectedly and they are out of the office for several days or weeks. Or they receive a new job opportunity, but they have to train the new person before they leave. It’s much more difficult to get started on one when you’re under the pressure of a deadline to get it completed than taking the time to systematically develop one over a period of time. Life can change in an instant. Opportunities can appear out of nowhere. You must be prepared.
Don’t let another day go by without your All Things Admin Administrative Procedures Toolkit Binder! Every success-minded administrative professional should have one at their desk. Now you have no excuse because we’ve taken the headache and hassle of getting started away with our All Things Admin Administrative Procedures Toolkit.
Read what others are saying …
I ordered the All Things Admin Administrative Procedures Toolkit binder because I wanted to have a more complete and useful binder for others to use. I had compiled one when I first started in this position — it was more for me, not for others to use. You gave me the idea that this would be a great tool to have for others to use, also. This template gave me a wonderful guideline of what information should be included and what should not. The time I saved is immeasurable. The guesswork was cut in half. Sometimes it is hard to determine what other users will need to know and how to tell them to use it. As the person who does this position in my sleep and knows what is expected, other users do not. For this reason, the time and money saved by using this product is great! My favorite aspect of this product is the organization. It is very well organized and dissected into proper little compartments. It begins with the basics and you may always add to it as you go along. It is not industry specific, but admin specific with room to grow and add as needed. This particular product was made by an admin for admins. And, from one admin to another, this product encompasses all the information others need to answer any question in an administrative professional’s absence. Before using the Administrative Procedures Toolkit binder from All Things Admin, I was at a crossroads as to how-to proceed with my project. I knew what I wanted to accomplish, but needed a little guidance. Now I have completed my project with time to spare. I am now very confident that anyone who opens my Administrative Professional Binder will know exactly where to find the information they are seeking. I would highly recommend this product.– Ruth M Berman, senior administrative assistant, electronics industry, Dallas, Texas
I ordered the Administrative Procedures Toolkit binder because when I started my job, I felt like I was floundering for direction. I am in a 2.3 person department, so I am the only one who does most of my daily duties. We had a family tragedy three years ago and I learned that there may come a time when I can’t come to work and things have to go on in our district even if I’m absent. I spent time on the internet searching for something like this binder. I had an idea of what I wanted and Julie’s was the only one that met my needs. My favorite aspect of this product is you can use it as you go. Several of my duties are done once or twice a year. As I am building my binder, I complete the templates and add the examples as I get to the duties. Before implementing the Administrative Procedures Toolkit Binder from All Things Admin, I relied on my memory and the memory of my coworkers to complete duties when someone, including me, was absent. Now I feel confident that the needs of my boss and my customers will be met in my absence.
– Terri Plank, student services secretary, public education, Sauk City, Wisconsin
conference the past two years. I may be a bit delayed in getting things moving, but I’m on a roll now!
– Brenda Monahan, executive assistant, software marketing industry, Concord, Massachusetts
“Like many of you, I had this project to-do for some time now. It was an objective I set for my performance evaluation to track my tasks, and update the binder that was left to me when I joined the team. I had a great starting point, and I had some procedures scattered here and there. But I never felt like I could take the time to pull it together. The 5 day challenge gave me that extra push to do this. I was able to focus on the tasks I tracked. And I was able to organize my procedures, and get the binder filled and updated. It’s a work in progress, though. I have scheduled a monthly review of my procedures – the last Friday of each month. I am looking forward to presenting the finished updated binder to my director and team.I had fun creating my binder cover, too.”
– Hélène S., administrative assistant, Ottawa, Ontario
Get started quickly and efficiently with
this all-in-one template!
These purchases are SINGLE USER LICENSES. To licence the Administrative Procedures Toolkit for your entire company, contact us for more details.
Please note: We only ship the binder to addresses in the U.S. or Canada. We do not ship internationally.
If you live in an international location, we recommend the instant digital download or OneNote Notebook option.